5.9.06

Lordy lordy i love gaudi

a little wall decoration in the hallway of my gothic dorm

La Sagrada Fmailia

my feet walking down the LOCO spiral staircase at La Sagrada Familia. Its not as many steps as the Duomo was, but its swirly all the way down. id like to thank lisa dixon for the tip of looking at the palm of you hand when you get dizzy.

a bad ass shadow of the entire place on the park directly in front of it

my friends arlo (in the hat) and tim (the other one) who ive been dragging touristy places with me.

a tree with a cross and doves right next tothe bridge 60km in the air you walk across to get to the stairs.

yeah, hes pretty great.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hola! Estoy muy envidiosa! Lo siento sobre tu camara, que lastima. Ojala que tengas un buena visita en Espana y por favor saca muchas fotos!!! No se que tu hablas espanol...lo siento pero no hay acentos en mi computadora. Digame todo de su viaje cuando vuelve.

Anonymous said...

God, the whole family is funny!!
Zoe, love the whole stream of consciousness thing, or is unconsciousness? with the jet lag.
I can believe Remy wrote a comment at 4 am, but Holly, go to bed!!!

I'm glad you are falling under Barcelona's spell. I had to leave and go to Seville!!! Did I mention it was hot?

Anyway, we have been instructed by your mother to share our European experiences. I didn't get to Europe
until I was 30. I was going on a bike trip through the Loire Valley
and went to Paris first. I was to stay at Loic's apartment (Gretchen's husband) "Just stop by the concierge and get the key." So I went to the door marked Concierge and walked in. There was
Monsieur Concierge in his underwear reading the paper and MAdame Concierge cooking sausage.
I didn't understand their French, but I knew I was being yelled at.
Not wanting to be an ugly American, I brought her flowers the next day and practiced saying,
"I am so sorry" in french (which I can't remember. I could read Roxane's comment, though.

Love the pix of Sagrada Familia. Be sure to eat paella only in Valencia..it's so much better!
And I do keep in touch, with some of the people I met in the dorm my first year at Southern.

The young Picasso museum was amazing and then the contrast in styles when you go see the Picassos in Madrid is breathtaking.
And I can't wait until you go to that really cool food market on Las Ramblas.

Where is your dorm?

Great stuff,

Love Carolyn