7.9.06

muchos palomas

So I dont want to brag, but my spanish is pretty great. Its alot easier than I thought it would be. im also speaking it 80% of the time so that helps a bit. my spanish roommates have not moved in yet. But when they do....yikes!

Yo tengo una pregunta, does anyone read this besides my mom and extended family?

I went to Parc Guell yesterday. It was pretty crazy. CRAZY. Ill post some pictures as soon as i can. Its like being in a tim burton movie or that version of rodger and hammersteins cinderella with brandy where they modeled the town after gaudi´s architecture. I definitly want to go back, maybe with some touristy friends, ie katie mcnish or natalie smith.

oh snap, this girl across the computer lab from me is crying and talking to someone about how much she hates everythign here. at least that aint me. Im loving it. now that im pretty much un jet lagged everything is feeling much more real, less hazy. Ive been a little hectic though because i feel like i always need to be doing something exciting or touristy or cutlural and not jsut hanging out or relaxing. im sure once classes start ill get into somesort of schedule or pattern or groove or whatever.

i think that this saturday im going to take a day trip to some surronding city in catalunya. and then we have our orientation trip the next weekend. and then the next weekend is a big festival here with fire spitting dragons and catelleras(human towers), etc. and then the next sunday im going to a castelleras COMPETITION where there are lots of people building human towers, seeing who can get the tallest or stay up the longest. then the next weekend i think i might go to paris with a few of my superficial dorm friends...unless for some reason natalie wants to go....and then the next weekend is fall break and ill be in london and prague. that as far as ive gotten so far.

adios.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you bet i read this! well, at least now, at this moment, when I'm kind of bored cause I don't know what to do with my day. So I read it.

love.

Natalie said...

I READ ITTTTTT! I get little butterflies every time you mention my name and the trips we are taking, or the times that we will spend in B-lona. umm tell me one more time when youre staying w/me in London? Anddd I offically dont have a fall break, so Ill be just takin' some time on my own to come down, sometime in mid-november probably. omg, do you have iChat yetttt??? xoxoxoxo